School counselling staff are members of the school learning and support team.
Toormina High School Counsellor Team
A student can get a referral to see a school counsellor through:
- A Teacher
- Their Year Advisor
- A Welfare Team member
- Deputy Principal
- School Principal
- Or by Self referral
A Counsellor Referral Form can be found at the HT of Welfare's Office.
A teacher may recommend the service by referring a student to the school’s learning and support team. As a parent or carer, you may refer your child directly to the school counselling service. Students can also self-refer to the service.
The school counselling service can:
- support students who are worrying about school work, friends, getting in trouble at school or feeling down
- help parents and carers make decisions about your child’s education
- assess a student’s learning and behaviour
- help teachers and students identify and address disabilities that may affect learning
- liaise with other agencies regarding student wellbeing.
School counselling is confidential.
For more information about learning and support teams and the school counselling service, visit: